You Know you have Changed places

It about 5 months, since I shifted to Pune, and some recent incidents have caused me to reconsider whether I should now stop calling myself a Mumbaikar.

You know your old home is less than a home when:

  1. You can't switch off the fan in your sleep, coz you have forgotten which button is for which electrical device.
  2. You find yourself saying 'I left it at home' and you mean your new place.
  3. You don't have the keys to the main door.
  4. You have forgotten the placement of the various channels on your Television.
  5. The new watchman asks you to sign in when you enter.
  6. You find that your wardrobe has other people's stuff in it.
  7. You get to eat your favorite food for every meal.

4 Responses to "You Know you have Changed places"

Sagar Kolte said... Sunday, December 10, 2006 7:43:00 pm

oh well, dont stop calling your self a mumbaikar please!

Dev said... Sunday, December 10, 2006 7:51:00 pm

I haven't decided to stop calling myself an Mumbaikar yet, coz the new label would be a Punekar. one that I do not relish.

Chitrak said... Thursday, December 14, 2006 12:59:00 pm

Puneri!

Supriya said... Saturday, December 30, 2006 1:26:00 pm

Punekar?! Lol!
I can relate to your post, and see what you mean, even if its with different incidents!

Post a Comment