Teri Yaad Aati Hai

I have been an Adnan Sami fan, ever since I heard his voice along with Asha Bhosle in 'kabhi to nazar milao'. The same album contained his 'Lift Karade' which I totally loved. Here was this round, fat guy, who was having fun, could sing well, and laugh at himself. Why He even made fun of himself in the remix of that song.

Soon songs came and songs went. Every bollywood heroine, wanted to feature in his songs, and I really didn't mind. His songs were as beautiful as ever.

In the Middle of 2006, he went into hiding. Maybe a month back, we heard that he was exercising and losing some weight. We said, 'good for him'.

A week back I heard he was back. Back with a new song, as well as a new waist line; look at him at the Miss India contest:




Apparently the man now weighs 97 kilos and looks pretty happy with this achievement. Not only was he looking slimmer and trimmer last night but also appeared to be in a peppy, naughty mood while interacting with the contestants.

When I saw his new song, I was floored. Not only is it a beautiful song, but it struck a chord.






Have you guessed why it touched a chord?

Well coz it features SXC.

He reminisces about a woman whom he loved and grief over losing her just after professing his love for her, But for me it's something totally different. I left Xavier’s just when I was having the most fun. It's like just when I was having the most fun, I had to stop. So the "Teri Yaad aati hai' is for college, and the fun we had there.

On a related note, you will see that they have made the first quadrangle, look like some European cafe or something. Actually the first Quad has always reminded me of Venice’s Piazza San Marco

Why? The library building clearly is influenced by Doge's Palace

Don't believe me?

Well, look at St Mark's square in a 360 degree panorama: http://www.italyguides.it/us/venice_italy/doge_s_palace/doge_s_palace.htm

Now come back and look at some pics of the Library Building

and



Now what do you think?

I first got this image when I saw the first Quad flooded in 2003, when I had come on a rainy day.

From Wikipedia: The Piazza San Marco is the lowest point in Venice, and as a result during the Acqua Alta the "high water" from storm surges from the Adriatic, or even heavy rain, it is the first to flood. Water pouring into the drains in the Piazza runs directly into the Grand Canal. This is ideal during heavy rain, but during the acqua alta it has the reverse effect, with water from the canal surging up into the Square.

4 Responses to "Teri Yaad Aati Hai"

Anonymous said... Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:20:00 pm

nice blog!

Mental Floss said... Friday, April 13, 2007 10:35:00 pm

Oh, can't wait to see the video, and SXC featured in it!
Unfortunately, I'm low on internet credit at the moment, so it'll have to wait till tomorrow! :(

"Maybe a month back, in the Middle of 2006..."?
I'm confused.

Mental Floss said... Friday, April 13, 2007 10:38:00 pm

The Piazza sounds (and looks) interesting.

Dev said... Friday, April 13, 2007 10:47:00 pm

Hey Supriya, Thanks for pointing out the error. Have corrected it.

Post a Comment